Event: Monetising your App [online event]
THURSDAY, 10 JANUARY, 9 – 10 AM
Director, Global Monetization, Millennial Media
- Understanding the mobile advertising marketplace. First lesson: it’s fragmented
- Should I make my app free or paid? We’ll debate
- What’s a virtual good? Remember “Game Genie”? Consider today’s virtual goods a more-than-one-time purchase of enhancements for your apps – ones that people will pay for
So you’ve got an idea for an app? Awesome! But how are you going to turn this puppy into a real business? There are options galore: charging for it, selling virtual goods, or everyone’s guilty pleasure, running ads. What will be your strategy? Learn the tricks and trades of various mobile monetization strategies and put yourself in a position to grab your share of this rapidly growing $2B dollar market.
- Understanding what a mobile app is
- Some understanding of the mobile ecosystem (iOS, Android, etc)
- Some understanding of the advertising industry
Director, Global Monetization,
Millennial MediaGlen Nigel Straub used to write articles for the most traditional form of media…print publications. He’s now monetizing the most revolutionary form…mobile apps. As the Director of Global Monetization for Millennial Media (NYSE:MM), Glen drives partnerships with premium and indie app developers, helping them generate revenue from the massive mobile advertising market. He started his mobile career back in 2008, before downloading apps was even a feature on the iPhone. He’s also the curator of the nigelsounds playlist. Inquire within.